Transforming the Hard to Abate: Pathways to net zero
The global industrial sector accounts for roughly 30% of CO2 emissions. Demand for steel, cement, chemicals, and precious metals is only set to increase. With nations setting ambitious net-zero targets, decarbonisation of these heavy industries has to become a priority.
The Industry Transition Summit (23rd & 25th March), hosted by Climate Action, brings together key stakeholders from across the industry, policy, technology, regulation and investment spectrums who are committed to transforming the hard to abate sectors.
Hosting 4 in-depth sessions over two days, the Summit will focus on four key solutions – policy, hydrogen, technology, efficiency.
Mission Innovation will work with the organisers, Climate Action, to drive positive, proactive engagement with key stakeholders to transform the hard to abate sectors. Mission Innovation (MI) is the main intergovernmental platform working to accelerate clean energy innovation to address climate change, improve energy access, and make clean energy affordable.
- Hear and learn from Influential Speakers including Government Ministers, CEOs & Sustainability Leaders
- Access innovative technology and solutions accelerating the industry transition
- Network with delegates by using the event platform networking functions and features
- Foster international and cross-sector collaboration to support new markets for low carbon industrial sector
- Support the creation of policy frameworks that encourage investment
- Dr Rebecca Maserumule, Chief Director: Hydrogen and Energy, Department of Science and Technology, Government of South Africa
- Patrick Child, Deputy Director-General in DG Research and Innovation (R&I), European Commission
- Rasmus Valanko, Managing Director, Systems Transformation, We Mean Business
- Dr Gokce Mete, Evidence Lead,Leadership Group for the Industry Transition Secretariat hosted by the Stockholm Environment Institute
- Paul Huggins, Associate Director, Carbon Trust
- Jekaterina Boening, Senior Policy Manager, Germany, Transport & Environment
- Adam Matthews, Director Investment Team (Ethics & Engagement), Church of England Pensions Board
- Faustine Delasalle, Partner & Director, Systemiq & Energy Transitions Commission
How to Register: You can register online for free here. Contact Climate Partnerships and Content Executive Rachel Cooper directly if you have any questions on +44 (0) 207 871 0173 or email at email@example.com