NEWS AND UPDATES
- [November 14, 2022] The Urban Transitions Mission announced the first city cohort during the event below, which was livestreamed here.
Delivering on the urban transition to net-zero: multi-level partnerships and innovation to achieve systemic change
14 November 2022 – 15:00-16:00 (UTC+2)UN Climate Change Global Innovation Hub Pavilion – Blue Zone and live streamed here
The event, consisting of a high-level panel of speakers from across level of government, aims to provide a platform to officially launch the cohorts of cities joining the Urban Transitions Mission. The session will offer an opportunity for both cities, countries and partners engaged in the UTM, to discuss vision, address challenges, and share both their expectations and existing solutions to reach net-zero through holistic transitions. The event is organized directly by the UTM and will be widely covered on social media. A press release announcing the cohort launched during the event will be shared on the same day.
A press release announcing the cohort launched during the event was shared on the Global Covenant of Mayors website.
- [October 21,2022] Updated: The Urban Transitions Mission is happy to inform all cities that deadline for applications to join the Mission has been extended. Cities are invited to apply online until 29th of October. More information, including an info pack on the selection process, and FAQs are available here. Welcoming the high level of interest, cities from all countries are now also invited to apply online to join the UTM to engage from the second half of 2023.
- [September 22, 2022] Just opened: The call for cities to join the Urban Transitions Mission has been launched today at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum.
- [September 22, 2022] Just Released: Urban Transitions Mission Action Plan for Net-Zero, resilient and people-centred cities.
- [September 22, 2022] Just Released: Urban Transitions Mission Innovation Roadmap
- [November 9, 2021] The Urban Transitions Mission was announced at COP26.
- Read our joint mission statement.
Find out more about the Urban Transitions Mission.
- European Commission, Directorate-General for Research & Innovation (DG RTD)
- Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (GCoM)
- Joint Programming Initiative (JPI) Urban Europe
Core Group Members:
- India, Ministry of Science and Technology
- Austria, Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
- Sweden, Swedish Energy Agency / Ministry of the Environment and Energy
- MI Innovation Community on Affordable Heating and Cooling of Buildings (IC7)
Support Group Members:
- EIT Climate KIC
- European Network of Living Labs (ENoLL)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- International Renewable Energy Association (IRENA)
- Student Energy
- United Nations Climate Change (UNFCCC) Global Innovation Hub
- World Economic Forum (WEF)