Dr. Robert Habeck
Mr. Kurt-Christoph von Knobelsdorff
CEO, National Organisation for Hydrogen (NOW GmbH)
Role in Mission Innovation
- Member of Technical Advisory Group
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Secretariat
- Member of the Clean Hydrogen Mission
- Supports the Green Powered Future Mission
- Involvement in the Net-Zero Industries Mission
- Contributes to the Innovation Platform (Collaborate modules)
News and events
- [June 2, 2021] Germany joins Mission Innovation members in launching MI2.0 and a decade of clean energy innovation to accelerate achieving the Paris Agreement Goals
- Germany celebrates Mission Innovation’s 5-year anniversary
- International cooperation on artificial photosynthesis and solar fuels is a focus of the recently published 7th Energy Research Programme of the German Federal Government.
MI Champions is a program for recognizing and supporting the next wave of energy technology leaders.
Meet Germany’s Champions!
Participation in MI’s first phase
- Co-led the:
- Participated in the:
- (First phase) PLANS AND PRIORITIES
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2017
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2018
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2019
- (First phase) INNOVATION BREAKTHROUGHS
Clean Energy Innovation investment (MI 1.0)
Country-determined baseline year(s): average of 2012-2015
Baseline funding amount: EUR €450 million (USD $490 million)
Doubling target year: 2020
Doubling target amount: EUR €900 million (USD $980 million)
*Figures in the spending chart are based on USD exchange rates in 2021
Within the MI framework Germany reports project funding on clean energy technologies. In comparison to the data Germany reports to the International Energy Agency (IEA), this does not include institutional funding and project funding for nuclear safety research. It does include some programmes on clean energy technology (specifically SINTEG, EnEff.Gebäude.2050 and Wärmenetze 4.0) that were launched after the start of MI and that are not included in the data reported to the IEA, as these programmes are not part of the Energy Research Programme of the Federal Government.