Mr. Thiago Barral, Executive President
Energy Research Office (EPE) / Empresa de Pesquisa Energética
Role in Mission Innovation
- Member of the Integrated Biorefineries Mission
- Supports the Green Powered Future Mission
- Contributes to the Innovation Platform (Insights module)
News and events
- [June 2, 2021] Brazil joins Mission Innovation members in launching MI2.0 and a decade of clean energy innovation to accelerate achieving the Paris Agreement Goals
- Brazil celebrates Mission Innovation’s 5-year anniversary
Participation in MI’s first phase
- Co-led the Sustainable Biofuels Innovation Challenge
- Participated in the:
- (first phase) PLANS AND PRIORITIES
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2018
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2019
- (first phase) INNOVATION BREAKTHROUGHS
Clean Energy Innovation investment (MI 1.0)
Country-determined baseline year: FY 2015
Baseline funding amount: BRL 600 million (USD $150 million)
Doubling target year: FY 2020
Doubling target amount: BRL 1.2 billion (USD $300 million)
*Figures in the spending chart are based on USD exchange rates in 2021.
This is the result of an effort to consolidate and organize investment data about public and public-oriented projects in clean energy. This database includes all projects approved by ANP and ANEEL in 2018 under the investment mandates, as well as BNDES public financing.
For cross-cutting power sector themes, they were allocated only partially as clean energy investments, adopting the % of renewable energy in the Brazilian electricity mix as a proxy.