Miguel Arias Cañete
Role in MI
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Secretariat
- Participates in the Analysis and Joint Research Sub-Group
- Participates in the Business and Investor Engagement Sub-Group
- Co-leads the:
- Participates in the:
Progress towards doubling public investment
Country-determined baseline year(s): 2013-2015
Baseline funding amount: EUR €989 million (USD $1.1 billion)
Doubling target year: 2020
Doubling target amount: EUR €1.974 billion (USD $2.2 billion)
Based on CORDA data, extracted on 1 April 2019. At this time only partial data is available for 2018 because the signature of projects, based on 2018 global commitments, is continuing throughout 2019.
News and events
- On October 17, 2018, Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, and Bill Gates, Chairman of Breakthrough Energy Venture, signed a Memorandum of Understanding to establish Breakthrough Energy Europe (BEE), a joint investment fund that will help innovative European companies develop and bring to market radically new clean energy technologies.
- On 22 May, 2018, the MI Secretariat, the International Energy Agency and the European Commission Joint Research Centre held a joint workshop to enhance the collection and understanding of data on public and private spending on energy RD&D.
- The European Commission is offering several clean energy innovation funding opportunities.