Role in MI
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Secretariat
- Participates in the Analysis and Joint Research Sub-Group
- Participates in the Business and Investor Engagement Sub-Group
- Co-leads the:
- Participates in the:
Progress towards doubling public investment
Country-determined baseline year(s): 2013-2015
Baseline funding amount: EUR €989 million (USD $1.1 billion)
Doubling target year: 2020
Doubling target amount: EUR €1.974 billion (USD $2.2 billion)
*Figures in the spending chart are based on USD exchange rates in 2020
Data is based on signed projects. For 2019 (Fourth Year), data is still preliminary because not all projects to be supported are signed at the time of analysis.
News and events
- European Union celebrates Mission Innovation’s 5-year anniversary: Successful collaboration remembered through 5 major achievements
- On October 17, 2018, Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, and Bill Gates, Chairman of Breakthrough Energy Venture, signed a Memorandum of Understanding to establish Breakthrough Energy Europe (BEE), a joint investment fund that will help innovative European companies develop and bring to market radically new clean energy technologies.
- On 22 May, 2018, the MI Secretariat, the International Energy Agency and the European Commission Joint Research Centre held a joint workshop to enhance the collection and understanding of data on public and private spending on energy RD&D.
- The European Commission is offering several clean energy innovation funding opportunities.
MI Champions is a program for recognizing and supporting the next wave of energy technology leaders.
Meet the European Commission’s Champions!