Role in MI
- Participates in the MI Steering Committee
- Leads the MI Secretariat
- Participates in the Analysis and Joint Research Sub-Group
- Participate in Business and Investor Engagement Sub-Group
- Co-leads the:
- Participates in the:
Progress towards doubling public investment
Country-determined baseline year(s): 2013-2015
Baseline funding amount: GBP £200 million (USD $290 million)
Doubling target year: FY 2020
Doubling target amount: GBP £400 million (USD $580 million)
Please note: This data is based on the UK’s full IEA return and previous reporting to MI62. The MI Third year RD&D numbers are provisional only. Further analysis is ongoing on the allocation of the spend against the categories provided. The UK MI baseline and doubling goal does not include all UK energy innovation spend. It does not include basic research and only includes those programmes specifically targeted at clean energy innovation challenges that are consistent with the UK’s priorities to deliver through MI. The UK’s RD&D spend is calculated over the normal accounting period from beginning April to end March for each year.
News and events
- COP24: The UK hosted a clean energy innovation-themed series of side events at COP24.
- In recent months, the UK has launched two ambitious strategies to lead the world in cutting carbon emissions to combat climate change, while driving economic growth: The Industrial Strategy: Building a Britain fit for the future and The Clean Growth Strategy: Leading the way to a low carbon future. (May 2018)